Happy Holidays !!!
We are so grateful for you all and wish you nothing but a season (and every season going forward) of joy, prosperity, great health, peace, harmony, comfort and laughter. Thank you so much for supporting us through this journey, and thank you for helping us help others in our community. We are so grateful for everything we have achieved together, and everything we will achieve in the future.
As far as mental health goes, our messages of personal, radical, self-love doesn’t stop because it is the holiday season. It’s no secret that the holidays are often riddled with feelings of anxiety and dread, not only because of finances, but also because we may be coming into contact with people who have caused us trauma. Even though people don’t talk about mental health during this season because everyone is supposed to be cheery and happy and smiling through their pain, this doesn’t mean that we have to. And we won’t.
Here are some tips for upkeeping your mental health this season. We will expand on these later, but we hope they will hold you down until the next post.
1. Don’t feel forced to forgive people because of the season.
- If you’re in a position where you can choose to stay away from people who have caused you harm, whether it’s physically, emotionally or spiritually, don’t feel pressured to go see them. And don’t feel guilty about not wanting to see them, either. Everyone has their own process of healing and working through their traumas, so it’s ok if you’re not ready yet or you simply don’t want to be around certain people. You don’t have to explain yourself, you don’t have to feel guilty, and you don’t have to feel like you’re being ‘unreasonable’ and “sensitive”.
2. If you are not in a position to stay away from people who have caused you harm, it’s ok to find comfort in what brings you joy.
- Carve out time for you. If your family is forcing you to be around people you don’t like because of what they’ve done to you, that doesn’t mean your energy has to be consumed by them. Where your attention goes, energy flows. Let’s say you have to spend all week around people you don’t like. That doesn’t mean you have to be mentally present. If you have a phone, you can dedicate that time to planning out what you’re gonna do for yourself after they leave. Maybe the day they leave you decide to have a movie night where you snuggle up in your room and watch all of your favorite movies. Maybe you don’t have any streaming services so you decide to watch all your favorite YouTubers. Maybe you go on Pinterest and start putting together a vision board so you can begin aligning your thoughts with the life you do want to live. Whoever it is that harmed you, that made you feel small, powerless, insecure, anxious or other, don’t let them win by giving them and their existence any more attention than you need to. I know it’s hard, but is healing through trauma ever easy?
3. No one has any right to comment about your life other than you.
- You own your body. Therefore, you own what you decide to put on your body; you own what your body looks like; you own what goes in your body; and you own where you take your body. Please eat to your heart’s content. If you’re not in school, or spending your time on projects that bring you joy, don’t feel obligated to explain yourself so others can “understand”. If you’re not able to dress in “Sunday’s best” for the holidays, and people try to look down on you, remember their actions are a reflection of who they are. Do not internalize the negative ways people may treat you.
You are not a reflection of the way people treat you, perceive you, talk to you or talk about you. You get to decide who you want to be, and as long as YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, no one can change that. And even if you don’t know who you are yet, you can start to affirm to yourself what you are not. You are not ugly. You are not a loser. You are not stupid. You are not worthless. You are not a failure. You are not a waste of space. You are not directionless. You are not lost. As long as you are not hurting yourself or others, no one gets to dictate anything you do with your life.
Finally, here are some affirmations for you before we go.
These are for combatting any negative energies or thoughts that may try to bring you down during this holiday season:
1. I am worthy of love and respect.
2. I embrace my body, and I give my body grace and love with ease
3. I release any negative perceptions I have regarding my body that have caused me to not see myself in a higher light
4. I deserve to be spoken to kindly.
5. I give myself gratitude for continuing the journey of fully loving my body and all aspects of my being
6. I deserve to be happy and comfortable.
7. Food is a necessity, it is not a privilege; I deserve to eat.
8. My body is not meant to be policed, it is meant to be celebrated and nourished.
9. I remove any and all foreign energy out of my energy and I call all of my energy back to me.
10. My life is mine to live.
11. I am not a burden.
12. I am not how people treat me.
13. I am highly valuable and talented.
14. I trust my decisions.
15. I am surrounded by positive, abundant, protective energy.
16. I am in alignment with my highest good.
17. No weapons formed against me shall prosper.
18. I am a good person.
19.My body is perfect because it is my own
20. I am healing
God Bless You All and, again, Happy Holidays!
Azé and Sierra
If you haven’t already, do not hesitate to subscribe to my and Sierra’s YouTube Channel:
https://youtu.be/kkMs8qOrxHQ We post Vlogs, hair, makeup and beauty content, and we have videos coming about mental health, how we got into modeling as well as our official announcement video as Savage X Fenty Game Changers! I know, this is a lot of cool stuff right? I don’t think you’ll wanna miss it so give us a subscribe and turn those bell notifications on so you won’t miss anything.
If you want to donate to our direct mutual aid project that helps Black Womxn and Black Queer Womxn who struggle with their mental health, — or if you want access to these blog posts early, access to exclusive content, and to be a part of an intimate community where you can share your spiritual and mental health insights with others on a more private platform — become a Patron on our Patreon! Patreon.com/itsinthestars
Last but not least, don’t forget to give Sierra and me a follow so you don’t miss our bomb modeling pictures, bomb face beats and just so you can always know what’s going on.
Instagram: Sierra: @xo1_ Sierra